TIME Releases Shortlist for 2017 Person of the Year
On Monday, TIME Magazine released their shortlist for the 2017 Person of the Year. The ten men, women, and movements listed are just as varied as 2017 has been, and reminds us of what we have experienced so far, and what we can begin to look forward to in 2018.
In the TIME shortlist are:
- Jeff Brazo picked for becoming the richest man in the world this Year.
- Patty Jenkins for being the first woman director to cross over 100 million dollars on opening weekend with Wonder Woman.
- Colin Kaepernick for aspiring athletes and people nationwide by shedding light on social justice.
- President Donald Trump, and his controversy in his first year as President.
- Robert Muller for his special counsel to determine if Russia had interfered in the 2016 Election.
- Kim Jong Un for his excessive missile testing and rising tension with North Korea and the United State’s.
- The Me Too Movement for bringing to light just how many women and men are sexually assaulted and harassed.
- The Dreamers as they begin to face an uncertain future under President Trump.
- Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for beginning a crackdown on Businessmen and member of the Royal Family for corruption
- Xi Jinping as the President of China begins his second five-year term and was written into the Communist Party Constitution, reinforcing his status as the country’s most powerful leader in decades.
TIME Person of the Year will be announced Wednesday morning during the Today Show.
For More information about TIME Person of the Year click here