10 Things You Could Buy With The Proposed UT SG Budget
It’s all about the dolla billz, y’aaaalllllll.
Last night, the UT Student Government budget for 2015-2016 was announced. SG will be allotted $112,820 for the school year, which will be confirmed at next week’s meeting.
This money will go toward things like stipends, special projects, agencies and more government-type things to better the campus. But what if it didn’t have to?
Here are 10 things UT SG could buy instead of using the allotted funding for SG purposes:
- 427 iPads
- 24 Bred Heifers in Highland County
- Pay off 1,504 tickets for unauthorized parking on campus
- 4 round-trip tickets from New York to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific Airlines
- 44,417 Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits, which is almost enough to feed the entire UT undergraduate population
- 578 Big Tickets
- 14,102 half-gallons of Blue Bell ice cream
- 106,433 Lunchables
- 266 pairs of Gameday Texas Longhorns Cowboy Boots
- Tuition for 22 semesters at UT Austin for undergraduate studies
Or you know, they can just go ahead and use the money to make campus better. We support that too.